We act in all facets of insolvency related proceedings
If you face an insolvency situation, or you are concerned that you are financially exposed to someone who may be insolvent, we recommend that you follow the following steps:
- Contact your accountant and ask them to update all of your financial documents so that you can get an accurate picture of your current financial position.
- If you are owed money, you should prepare all of the relevant contract and invoice documentation so that we can get a clear understanding of the debts that are owed.
- Contact us to discuss the initial legal steps to protect your position.
- We will then put you in touch with the relevant insolvency professional that you may need to resume control of your affairs.
Our team has a network of insolvency professionals that can be called upon to assist in various capacities.
Our services include:
- Preparing statutory demands
- Commencing winding up proceedings
- Advising clients on their rights when faced with an external administration
- Advising directors of their duties and obligations in the face of financial stress
- Acting for company directors in defence of proceedings brought under the Corporations Act for insolvent trading, uncommercial transactions or other breaches of director’s duties
- Advice on the PPSR, proof of debts, disclaimer of assets and remuneration
- Advice arising from receiverships and action which may be taken by the receiver
- Advice on director’s duties
- Property issues in insolvency